was played on: December 30th, 2011
in: Annapolis Junction, MD United States
“Positive energy is good energy!”
The day I was told about this exercise I was having one of the worst days possible. I was not in a good mood at all and the last thing I wanted to hear about was some boom-boom card. As the day progressed I started thinking about this boom-boom exercise and how Omnicare is trying to spread kindness and I thought about how selfish I was being for allowing my personal issues to interfere with my behavior, so I got out of my seat and I set out to do something kind, such as opening a door for someone. Well I ran into another co-worker who every time you see this person he is kind and full of warm complements and I asked him how does he stay so positive even when things seem so dark. His reply was that there is not enough time in his day to be negative, it is a waste of energy. He also mentioned that he channels it in different areas such as working harder or giving someone compliments. When you are doing something positive you do not have time to be negative. As I walked away from him I thought "wow" what a lesson learned, even if I did not get the chance to open the door for others, I was given the chance to open my mind to a new way of thinking. When things seem bleek and the stresses of the world seems to be closing in on you, "stay positive" and do not let it interfere with your character. I am thankful for this exercise and the lesson it taught me.
"Stay Positive Friends!"
Stop 5 of this card’s journey.
Navigate this card’s path…
The Good Stream
- Storm Leadership 2013 created the boom boom! Hear People Talking Badly about someone... Don't be part of it. - Anna S.
- Storm Leadership 2013 created the everyday boom boom! Alright Spring Leadership Class...let the Boom Booms begin!
- pollypeople Niced! the say something good I saw a guy getting shoved around and called names
- Leeka9 said something good: "One of my students told me that they would like to"
- Sahara said something good: "I saw a guy getting shoved around and called names"